After adding PhotoshopCafe’s Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Learning Site to the list of items in the Related Links section of my last post, I then viewed four of the free videos that are now available on the site. They cover Dual Monitors, Photoshop Integration, Smart Collections, and Local Adjustments. They are each under 8 minutes long and I found them to be very well produced, and easy to understand. To go directly to the page where you can view the videos, visit this page.
I’ve learned a lot over the last 3-4 years from Colin Smith, who runs PhotoshopCafe.com and who has produced virtually all the training on the site, including the Lightroom 2 DVD. He’s a great teacher and a talented artist. I found the Smart Collections overview particularly interesting and well produced. The full DVD (downloadable or in physical DVD format) costs $99, runs about 7 hours and has 91 separate movies. All the source files are also included, which really helps to make the training easier to follow.
To view a text overview of the Lightroom 2 training DVD visit this page.
ImagingBuffet.com has an affiliate relationship with PhotoshopCafe (as we do with Amazon.com and a few other selected companies). A coupon code is listed in the Sponsored Links section below for any product available on their site.
• Many free tutorials on PhotoshopCafe.com
• Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 30 Day Free Tryout
• Lightroom 2 Learning Center on photoshopuser.com
• Lightroom 2 Photowalk with Scott Kelby
• Audio interview of Tom Hogarty, Lightroom Product Manager by Scott Bourne of TWiPPhoto.com
• Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Adventure: Tasmania. This post about the new Clarity slider by Mikkel Aaland is very interesting.
• Excellent Lightroom video tutorial for converting to B&W by Martin Evening.
• Photoshop CS3 Launch site on PhotoshopCafe.com
Coupon code for PhotoshopCafe.com (10% off any order):
Enter the word: cafeimaging in the coupon code box at Checkout.