THE IMAGING BUFFET PODCAST 007
After a pretty long podcasting break, we’re back with a new show! This one does not have our traditional intro, just a short welcome note from me. It is a recording of a special “Virtual Book Tour” teleseminar that I conducted a few months ago. In it, I answer questions related to inkjet printing from subscribers of the Inkjet and Imaging Tips Newsletter. The show notes with links to more info can be found below:
Press play above to listen now (duration: about 45min). Drag the moving bar to move forward or back at any time.
SHOW NOTES AND LINKS
• Bill Atkinson’s website (contains many profiles for selected Stylus Pro printers)
• Red River Paper’s website
• Hahnemuhle’s website
• Profile install locations on OSX and on Windows
• Monitor Calibration/Profiling article
• A few affordable and recommended Proofing Papers (in many cases, these are also suitable for fine-art printing):
-Matte surface: Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte (Formerly Matte Paper Heavyweight)
-Epson Presentation Paper Matte (Formerly Photo Quality Inkjet Paper) Red River Premium Matte (a double sided version is also available, which allows for two-sided proofing).
-Glossy surface: Kirkland Professional Glossy Photo Inkjet Paper (available only at Costco stores, and not on www.costco.com)
-Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss
• Target files for testing your monitor and printer
(see L2.2 on this page) I recommend the PhotoDisc target to begin with.
• Andrew’s calibration file (file available in multiple working spaces)
• Link to a 4 page free PDF from 301 Inkjet Tips and Techniques: “Printing on Uncoated Papers Using inkAID Coatings”
• CHROMiX ColorThink software (excellent tools for evaluating profiles)
To sign up for future live or recorded events like this, sign up for our free newsletter featuring Inkjet & Imaging Tips below. BONUS: Receive a tip each week from the book, plus info to help determine file sizes for printing:
All the best!