Two Upcoming Workshops in NJ on Image Management/Backup and Lightroom Printing – 12/13 and 12/15, 2013
There is a fantastic free event happening at Unique Photo in Fairfield, NJ from Fri. 12/13-12/15, 2013 called the NJ Camera Show. It’s a great opportunity to try out different lenses and other gear, and see a lot of speakers covering many topics, including how to use your DSLR more effectively (registration is generally $10 for most of the classes, and you then get that $10 back to use in the store, which is packed full of photo and video gear). Quick tip: bring a few extra SD or CF cards so that you can put them in different cameras and then take the cards home to see the cameras’ and lenses’ image quality.
ANDREW DARLOW’S UPCOMING WORKSHOP AT THE NJ CAMERA SHOWÂ
Date: Fri. Dec. 13, 2013
Time: 1:00pm â€“ 2:00pm (during the NJ Camera Show)Â
(Please register for the show before registering for this or any other workshop.)
In this one hour lecture, Andrew will cover these and other topics:
– How to avoid pop-up messages and applications that want to “help” you bring your images into your computer when you connect a media card or camera.
– How to set up a “bullet-proof” system for downloading and cataloging your files using the Apple OS and either Apple Aperture or Adobe Lightroom.
– Suggestions for a few affordable “set it and forget it” unlimited backup systems.
– An easy (and free) service that allows you to create auto backups of your Lightroom catalog(s) to “the Cloud.”
– Tips for easily transferring and selectively deleting still photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch while still being able to keep some of them to show friends and family.
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop was designed for and will be tailored to users of Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), or 10.9 (Mavericks).
ANDREW DARLOW’S UPCOMING LIGHTROOM PRINTING WORKSHOP IN NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
Date: Sun, Dec. 15, 2013
Time: 11:00am â€“ 3:00pm
Whether you make prints on your own printer or use a lab, one thing always stays constant-to get great results, you’ve got to color manage your system and prepare your files properly. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom offers many powerful tools for organizing, editing printing and exporting images.
A partial list of what will be covered:
â€¢ How to make sure that your monitor and lighting are set up properly;
â€¢ How to determine and set the resolution of your images;
â€¢ How to quickly and inexpensively test the color & quality of any printer or photo lab; and
â€¢ Specific Lightroom Print Module Workflow tips.
A printed handout and links to more than 100 custom Print Module templates will also be provided to all attendees. Each participant will receive 40-50 sheets of letter-size fine-art papers valued at over $40. Readers of ImagingBuffet.com will also receive a follow-up 30 minute phone consultation with Andrew Darlow.
Workshop Fee: $89 per person