Below is an announcement about the upcoming Center for Fine Art Photography’s Juried Show, “People Places and Things.” I just returned from a trip and wanted to post this before the entry deadline.
I am very honored to have been chosen to jury the show and I look forward to seeing a lot of great work. Past shows have featured many striking images and I encourage you to take a look at the Center’s website: https://www.c4fap.org (Choose “exhibitions” from the navigation pane on the left to see many images from past shows).
Below is an overview of the awards for the upcoming show. Entries are being accepted online until Tuesday July 11 (11:59PM US Mountain Standard Time) :
– Best of Show and category awards: People, Places, Things
– Honorable mentions for each category
– Best of Show and Category award winners interviewed by juror Andrew Darlow for publication along with winning images in the imagingbuffet.com website and podcast
– Feature Artist presentation in Artists’ ShowCase, an eight-page insert in the June issue of CameraArts magazine
– Director’s Selection award: Special Recognition in the the published and online editions of Artists’ShowCase
– 8 additional artists will also be included in the print edition of Artists’ ShowCase*
– All exhibitors are included in the Center’s Web Edition of Artists’ ShowCase.
– 20 works will be selected for the post-exhibition traveling show to the Denver International Airport’s main gallery
– Inclusion in the Center’s 2006 Exhibition Collection CD which is distributed to selected galleries, collectors, design houses and corporations world wide.
For more information, visit https://www.c4fap.org.
San Diegoâ€™s Museum of the Living Artist is exhibiting its first single medium international fine art show â€“ and the medium is digital. The range of the art selected by Marilyn Kushner, Chair and Curator of the Prints and Drawings at the Brooklyn Museum of Art, spans the range of fine art one discovers in most contemporary shows. The exhibition runs through Sunday, June 11, 2006.
The exhibit is located in the heart of San Diegoâ€™s Balboa Park along with many of its cultural institutions â€“ the Timken Museum, the San Diego Museum of Art, the Old Globe Theatre Complex, the Museum of Photographic Art, the Natural History Museum, the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center and more.
(above) Photograph of the show’s opening. Photo Â© Anthony Beltran
SONY is the major title sponsor for this exhibition at the San Diego Art Instituteâ€™s exhibition space. The Digital Art Guild participated in a significant way to bring concept, logistical support and direction to this venture into digital art. This exhibition is part of an umbrella of digital art events taking place in San Diego. More information can be found at the DAG webzine: www.digitalartguild.com.
(above) James Edwards, Grand Award Winner; Lori Soldana, State of California Assemblywoman; and Marilyn Kushner, Guest Juror. Photo Â© Anthony Beltran
(above) Grand Award Winning entry: “AlFallujah” Â© James Edwards
More information can be found at the SDAI website: www.sandiego-art.org or by telephone at 619-236-0011.
-Text courtesy Beth Gahan, images copyright as noted.
Welcome to The Imaging Buffet! I look forward to making this an informative and entertaining place for anyone with an interest in digital imaging, photography, music or motion pictures. Each monthly issue (delivered in the first 10 days of each month), will feature a podcast, with supporting text and links to items mentioned on the audio program. Later every month another podcast will be added in the form of a TV and/or movie review by Queen B, who plays my wife in real life.
There are so many photographers and other artists whom I’ve worked with and learned from over the years, and I would like to thank the many podcasters who have paved the way for me to be a part of this amazing communication method.
I especially would like to thank my whole family, and of course my wife, Queen B, who is also a part of the show and who has always supported my goals and dreams.
The Imaging Buffet
APPETIZER: What The Buffet Is All About
FIRST COURSE: Interview With Harald Johnson
SECOND COURSE: Interview with Ruth Knoll
DESSERT: Podcast Shoutouts & Recommendations
AFTER DINNER MUSIC
>All text and photographs Â©Andrew Darlow, all rights reserved. No portion may be used without permission from Andrew Darlow.