Adobe Creative Suite 5 Launch Streaming Live 4/12/2010 at 11am EST
I thought I’d send out a quick announcement that the Adobe CS5 Product Family launches today, Monday 4/12/2010. A streaming webcast launch begins at 8am PST (11am EST), and requires a free registration, which you can find a link to here. When you register, you’ll see some “sneak peek” videos of what’s inside (screen shot below). These and other sneak peek videos are also available here.
I’m looking forward to trying out Content-Aware Fill in Photoshop CS5, primarily for quickly extending backgrounds. It’s very common for me to have to extend a background to create a more panoramic look, or just to add some background to achieve a 4×6 ratio for a client who wants pictures in that very popular size.
Below are direct links to the ten Creative Suite 5 press releases with the headlines of each one linked to the release on Adobe.com (I think that reading the releases is one of the best ways to see some of the highlights of what’s inside each Creative Suite bundle).
1. Adobe Unveils Creative Suite 5 Product Family
2. Adobe Delivers Creative Suite 5 Design Premium
3. Adobe Announces Creative Suite 5 Web Premium
4. Adobe Debuts Creative Suite 5 Production Premium
5. Adobe Launches Photoshop CS5 and Photoshop CS5 Extended
6. InDesign CS5 Powers the Transition to Digital Publishing
7. Adobe Releases Illustrator CS5
8. Adobe Introduces Flash Catalyst CS5
9. Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 Redefines Nonlinear Editing
10. Adobe Helps Prepare the 21st Century Workforce with Creative Suite 5
For a great 45 minute overview of Photoshop by Terry White of Adobe, including a look at the new “mini Bridge,” which is an embedded version of Bridge available as a panel inside Photoshop CS5 and CS5 Extended), and a new Edge Detection tool for selecting challenging images (it looks especially good for hair), click here.
And for a directory of videos covering CS5 applications, visit this page on AdobeTV.com.