An In-Person Look at Epson’s SureColor P9570 44-Inch Printer, Plus Print Quality and the 24-Inch SureColor P7570
Whenever a new high-end inkjet printer is released, I am excited to learn more about it and share the news with the world. It’s still amazing to me that humans have created machines that can transform an image from a screen into a piece of artwork on a wide range of different media in just a few minutes.
On October 1, 2019, Epson formally announced two new wide-format printers: the 24-inch Epson SureColor P7570 and 44-inch SureColor P9570. I saw quite a few print samples from one of the printers and saw the SureColor P9570 up close at a press briefing a few months ago. I was extremely impressed by the detail, color saturation and especially the increase in density of the black that’s possible on semi-gloss and glossy papers using the new print mode described in the feature list below. Prints on matte paper were equally stunning, both in color and monotone.
Some of the features of both printers are as follows:
• A new 2.6″ PrecisionCore® printhead, with speeds up to 2.4 times faster than Epson’s previous generation of wide-format printers (that would include the SureColor P7000 and P9000);
• A calibrated LED light inside the area where the head moves back and forth (you can now put your flashlight away!);
• The ability to cover 99 percent of the PANTONE® FORMULA GUIDE solid-coated standard;
• A new print mode called “Black Enhanced Overcoat” that helps create a higher DMAX in the dark areas on semi-gloss, glossy and metallic papers. Here is some text about it from the company’s press materials: “Black Enhanced Overcoat delivers improved DMAX for a wider contrast ratio, excellent black density, outstanding clarity, improved sharpness, and reduced gloss differential on glossy and metallic media.”;
• 12 ink channels with an updated pigment ink (UltraChrome® PRO12), including a violet ink that helps to expand the color gamut; and wait for it…;
• Dedicated channels for matte and photo black! In other words, there is no need to swap between the black inks to optimize the black ink density on matte and glossy/semi-gloss papers.
The last one is a big deal, and something that I always hope for when a new pigment ink printer is released (from any company). I never like waiting for the switch to happen, and I especially don’t like wasting ink (even though it’s a relatively small amount).
Estimated pricing of the SureColor P7570 (24-inch-wide) and P9570 (44-inch-wide) printers will be $4,695 MSRP and $6,595 MSRP, respectively, and they will start shipping in December of 2019.
To see all the specs for the new printers, including estimated print speeds, and much more, visit THIS PAGE. I was told that the previous generation of wide-format printers will continue to be sold, but I would ask your dealer or contact Epson regarding exactly which models are going to be available for the foreseeable future.
MY 40 DAY EMAIL CHALLENGE IS IN FULL GEAR!
If you are not currently receiving my preferred email news and tips, I welcome you to subscribe HERE. You will instantly receive an e-book with 25 pages from my award-winning photo tips book, Focus & Filter, as well as some Lightroom videos. I’m also in the middle of a 40 Day Challenge in which I’ve been sharing tips and advice on many topics, including inkjet printing, portrait photography, travel and much more. I hope to see you there!
GRAB THIS BUNDLE AT 96% OFF BEFORE IT ENDS ON 10/8 at NOON PST!
For the last four years or so I’ve purchased this bundle, and for the last two years I’ve been a partner because I believe so much in what the folks at 5 Day Deal do each year. You can save up to 96% on the Photography Bundle 2019 while helping raise hundreds of thousands for charity. The bundle is just $89 for over $2800 in video tutorials, eBooks and digital tools and much more. The opportunity to pick up this bundle ENDS TODAY (NOON PST Tues 10/8). Also Included: Skylum’s AURORA HDR 2019 (a $99 value). GRAB THE BUNDLE NOW and Take Your Skills to the NEXT LEVEL!