VIDEO 1: HOW TO SIZE AND NAME YOUR FILES USING LIGHTROOM
VIDEO 2: HOW TO ADD A CANVAS, TITLES AND EXPORT FILES FOR CALLS FOR ENTRIES, ETC. IN LIGHTROOM (VIDEO 1 NEEDS TO BE FOLLOWED FIRST FOR THIS TO WORK)
I hope that these videos are very helpful for preparing your images. The password for both videos is ppc5. I recommend clicking on the icon for full screen on both videos to see it more clearlyÂ (it has the small arrows and is to the left of the Vimeo logo).
Here are the 12 easy steps I outlined in Video 2 (I promise that it is much easier to follow when you see the video):
1. Follow my first tutorial.
2. Open Lightroom and create a new Lightroom Catalog.
3. Import the photos they want to add a canvas and title to.
4. Select the photos they want to add a canvas and title to from the Library Module.
5. Go to the Slideshow Module.
6. Uncheck everything they can on the right side of the Slideshow Module.
7. Under “Layout,” choose “Link All” (make sure the boxes are highlighted) and adjust all the guides to 75-96px so that there is room all around the photo.
8. Click on Â the “ABC” at the bottom of the page (if it is not there, press the “T” key)
9. Click on “Custom Text” and scroll down to “Filename” (Filename will then pop up)
10.. Place the filename in the right bottom section of the canvas and drag the corner of the type box so the title is about 1/20 the size of the vertical dimension you see (that means the type will be about 1/2 inch tall on your screen).
11. Choose Slideshow>Export JPEG Slideshow,
12. Choose a Location for the Folder next to “Save As,”choose 80-100 (90 is usually perfect) for the Quality, and 1400×1400 for the pixel size. That’s it!
I also have a special offer for Princeton Photography Club members for a full day workshop in North Brunswick, NJ March 23 and March 24, 2013. Please note: This workshop has been postponed until mid-to-late April. I will announce the new date on my newsletter.
If you don’t receive my newsletter, you can sign up using the subscription box to the right. After confirming your subscription, you will get a link and password for a one hour photo and Lightroom tips video, as well as a PDF to help prep files for printing.
All the best!